Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Insurance coverage in Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Prairieville, Denham Springs, Gonzales, Central, Baker, Zachary, Port Allen & throughout Louisiana.
Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
The Louisiana Insurance Center works closely with several top rated companies to shop around for your insurance needs. Some of our trusted partners include: Safeco, Progressive, ASI, Foremost, UPC, MetLife, Maison, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, Humana, United HealthCare, Principal Life, Protective Life, LWCC and more.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- By adding uninsured motorist coverage to your policy, you are covered in the event of a hit and run, your vehicle is stolen or a person carrying no insurance hits you.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in The Louisiana Insurance Center. We work with multiple A+ rated carriers to bring you the best coverage to fit your needs and budget. Please feel free to call our office at 225-292-7680 to talk to an insurance agent or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.